Well, I broke one of my measuring utensils while making this one, but it was worth it (not to mention it has been ready to break for a year now, haha)! This recipe is so wonderfully simple and easy to make and the cookies are phenomenal! I separated the dough and added food coloring in shades of blue and green just for fun, but these would be great with sprinkles or any other small candy on top.
Thank you allrecipes.com for THE best sugar cookie recipe ever!
Simply Sugar Cookies
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking soda and baking powder together in medium bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg. Add vanilla.
4. Stir dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture.
5. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Then carefully remove them to a wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.