I finally found THE best Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe EVER! It has taken a few years and lots of experimenting, but I found it! They’re not too crunchy, not too runny and they cook all the way through!
Thank you simplyrecipes.com; however, I did rename them because I added more flour, and switched up the order of things, hehe).
Gloriously Delicious Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (1/2 pound or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, well beaten
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 cups quick or old-fashioned rolled oats (Do NOT use instant.)
1 1/2 cups raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two large cookie sheets or line with
parchment paper or waxed paper.
2. Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in medium bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs. Add vanilla.
4. Stir dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture. Stir in raisins and nuts. Stir in oats.
5. Spoon out dough by large tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie.
6. Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Then carefully remove them, using a metal spatula, to a wire rack. Cool completely. They will be quite soft until completely cooled. Store tightly covered.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.